Page 1 of 1

Post GT5: Formula Ferrari F10 2010 settings and tips

#1  gearhead Tue, Mar 29 2011, 02:00 PM

After almost giving up on the tune settings on this car, I finally made it to where I can drive it.....still carefully!

When I got the car comfortable to drive, I tried the Nurburgring F Ferrari Formula challenge.
I had a really good lead at lap 8, but on lap 10 went off the track in the long chicane area and hit the sand, but was able to come back and finish nearly 7 seconds ahead. The AI takes corners like granny, so you can pass them coming out of corners.

CR. 180K
Experience: 1,535,048!

The challenge is coming off next month (early), so I would suggest giving this a try!

Just remember to exit corners in 3rd or 4th until you get the hang of the power. This car is a mild version of the RedBull X2010!

Get the feel after you try these settings at 50% power. (that's what I did).

Ok.....on to the settings.

Aero: 133 FT and 200 (max) in rear.
Trans: (major adjustments here)
1st gear: 5.224
2nd gear: 3.440
3rd gear: 2.483
4th gear: 1.867
5th gear: 1.463
6th gear: 1.193
7th gear: 1.014 (not used for this setup, is not needed)
Final gear: 5.620

Top speed (theoretical) 249 (only in a draft with these settings)

LSD: (very critical)
Initial: 20
Accel sensitivity: 20
Braking sensitivity: 10

Suspension: (these are to make the car less twitchy and less jarring over bumps and curbs)
No ride height adjustment
Spring rate: Front: 16.1
Rear: 16.4
Dampers: all set at 7
Anti-Roll bars: 4 ft and rear.
Camber front: 0.5 rear: 0.5 (this again makes the car a lot less twitchy by taking the tires on a more even plane thus more grip).
Toe: Factory settings: Front: -0.50 and rear 0.50

Brakes: Very Important!!!!
LOWER THE SENSITIVITY!
Front: 2
Rear: 4

These settings are just a baseline for testing. You will find as you drive the car, you will want to go and change a few things, first maybe the springs, because with that much downforce in the rear, you get a frequency jounce at a certain speed, but that can be worked out. Also try to tweak the shocks to see if you can make a difference.

There you have it. With some practice, you will find these settings easier than the stock settings, and the car will be flatter and easier to handle in corners.

Donate to this site

The exhaust is burning my eyes and I like it!

usa.png gearhead Gender: Male
Site Admin
Site Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

• Back to top Page bottom

Post Re: GT5: Formula Ferrari F10 2010 settings and tips

#2  gearhead Fri, Apr 01 2011, 11:26 AM

I see a lot of people have read this topic. If you guys have some settings to share, I want to make a page for settings for all our favorite cars, not for just the cars hard to tune.

Donate to this site

The exhaust is burning my eyes and I like it!

usa.png gearhead Gender: Male
Site Admin
Site Admin
1000 Posts
1000 Posts

• Back to top Page bottom

HideWas this topic useful?
Share this topic
blinkslist.com blogmarks.net co.mments.com del.icio.us digg.com newsvine.com facebook.com fark.com feedmelinks.com furl.net google.com linkagogo.com ma.gnolia.com meneame.net netscape.com reddit.com shadows.com simpy.com slashdot.org smarking.com spurl.net stumbleupon.com technorati.com favorites.live.com yahoo.com DIGG ITA Fai Informazione KiPapa Ok Notizie Segnalo Bookmark IT
Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Page 1 of 1